A graduate of Vanderbilt University and Emory University School of Law and a former U.S. Army officer, Bill Ordway is a founding partner in ORDWAY LAW GROUP, LLC. For the past 29 years, he has aggressively and compassionately represented clients in family law, divorce, custody, and support matters. He has been an adjunct professor at the Emory Law School trial advocacy program and also has extensive experience in business litigation.
For the past 14 consecutive years, and again in 2022, Mr. Ordway has been named by Atlanta Magazine as a "Georgia Super Lawyer." His selection was based upon peer evaluations by other lawyers and judges throughout the state. He holds Martindale-Hubbell's highest lawyer rating of "AV-Preeminent", as well as attorney rating service AVVO's highest legal rating of "Superb". He has been named by Georgia Trend Magazine as a "Legal Elite", and is currently ranked in the top 5% of family law attorneys in the state of Georgia.
Bill Ordway has represented several high profile clients. He and his clients have been featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show, WSB-TV and WXIA-TV in Atlanta, and WLS-TV in Chicago. He is admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia. He is also an active member of the American, Georgia, and Atlanta Bar Associations, and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. He and his wife, Joy, a writer, live in Atlanta.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Support Matters
- Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1993
- Vanderbilt University,
- B.A., - 1974
Honors and Awards
- Atlanta Magazine "Georgia Super Lawyer"
- Georgia Trend magazine "Legal Elite"
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- "Superb" rating from attorney rating service AVVO
- Ranked Top 5% of family law attorneys in the state of Georgia
- McKenzie-McPhail Top Oralist Award
- Jesup international Moot Court Team
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Family Law Practice Experience, Emory Law Student Lunch, 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Emory University School of Law Trial Techniques Program
- Instructor, Emory Law School Trial Advocacy Program, Emory University Law School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Associations, Member
- Georgia Bar Associations, Member
- Atlanta Bar Associations, Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Instructor, Emory Law School Trial Advocacy Program
- Article relating the top financial considerations for a party prior to reaching a final divorce Settlement Agreement, Top 5 Financial Considerations in Settling Divorce Cases, Smith Howard Wealth Management, 2015