Family Law Is All We Do
At Ordway Law Group, LLC, our lawyers are accomplished legal professionals who have dedicated their careers to the practice of family law. With over 45 years of combined experience, we work collaboratively to protect the rights of our divorce clients and support them through this highly difficult life event. We take our legal responsibility seriously and make it a priority to stay current on important topics and changing laws within our field.
Read more about our individual attorneys and their credentials below.
William M. Ordway Partner
800-509-2718 (Toll Free)
A graduate of Vanderbilt University and Emory University School of Law and a former U.S. Army officer, Bill Ordway is a founding partner in ORDWAY LAW GROUP, LLC. For the past 29 years, he has aggressively and compassionately represented clients in family law, divorce, custody, and support matters. He has been an adjunct professor at the Emory Law School trial advocacy program and also has extensive experience in business litigation.
For the past 14 consecutive years, and again in 2022, Mr. Ordway has been named by Atlanta Magazine as a “Georgia Super Lawyer.” His selection was based upon peer evaluations by other lawyers and judges throughout the state. He holds Martindale-Hubbell’s highest lawyer rating of “AV-Preeminent“, as well as attorney rating service AVVO’s highest legal rating of “Superb”. He has been named by Georgia Trend Magazine as a “Legal Elite“, and is currently ranked in the top 5% of family law attorneys in the state of Georgia.
Bill Ordway has represented several high profile clients. He and his clients have been featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show, WSB-TV and WXIA-TV in Atlanta, and WLS-TV in Chicago. He is admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia. He is also an active member of the American, Georgia, and Atlanta Bar Associations, and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. He and his wife, Joy, a writer, live in Atlanta.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Support Matters
- Georgia, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. – 1993
- Vanderbilt University,
- B.A., – 1974
Honors and Awards
- Atlanta Magazine “Georgia Super Lawyer”, 2009 – 2018
- Georgia Trend magazine “Legal Elite”
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- “Superb” rating from attorney rating service AVVO
- Ranked Top 5% of family law attorneys in the state of Georgia
- McKenzie-McPhail Top Oralist Award
- Jesup international Moot Court Team
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Family Law Practice Experience, Emory Law Student Lunch, 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Emory University School of Law Trial Techniques Program
- Instructor, Emory Law School Trial Advocacy Program, Emory University Law School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Associations, Member
- Georgia Bar Associations, Member
- Atlanta Bar Associations, Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Instructor, Emory Law School Trial Advocacy Program
- Article relating the top financial considerations for a party prior to reaching a final divorce Settlement Agreement, Top 5 Financial Considerations in Settling Divorce Cases, Smith Howard Wealth Management, 2015
- Vakharwala v. Vakharwala, Supreme Court of Georgia (2017)
- Oni v. Oni, Georgia Court of Appeals (2013)
- Rolle v. Harvey; American Honda Motor Company v. Boyer et al.; Battersby v. Boyer et al.
Attorneys With A Reputation For Success
Our team of highly skilled lawyers is led by William Ordway. Attorney Ordway brings more than 25 years of legal experience to each case and is consistently ranked in the top 5 percent of family law attorneys in Georgia by his peers. Prior to his legal career, he served as a U.S. military officer and was a successful business owner.
Joy Helms Divorce Mediator
A Divorce Law Firm Team That Is There For You
With a focus on professionalism, integrity and results, our law firm is ready to help you resolve your complex divorce issues. Contact us via email or by calling 800-509-2718 to discuss your specific case with one of our Atlanta family law attorneys.